Hairs which cannot get outside the skin and keep on growing inside are known as ingrown hairs. It is commonly referred to as razor bumps. Those who shave frequently face the problem of having ingrown hairs in your face. Ingrown hairs can grow anywhere in your body. This leads to infection.
You can remove ingrown hairs by following the instructions given below:
- Uses moisturizer/gentle products: Your face and skin are very important part of your body. So don?t use products that are too harmful for your skin and face. Avoid using products with high alcohol content. If you feel bad about your face after cleaning with soap, cleanser and face wash, dispose them as soon as possible.
- Take proper steps before shaving: Before waxing, epilating or shaving, steam your skin or face. It helps to soften the hairs and makes it easier to remove. It also helps to clean the dead cells in your skin and you get a very smooth shave.
- Moisturize your skin: If your skin is dry then use a moisturizer to keep your skin soft. It prevents ingrown hairs from growing. Use moisturizer and clean your face regularly before going to bed.
- Change the technique of hair removal: You must change the technique for hair removal to avoid ingrown hairs. If you wax, tweeze or epilate than ingrown hair is a common phenomenon for you. This is because while the process of hair removing some hairs cannot be pulled up and gets trapped inside the skin. That hair cannot get outside the skin and keep curling inside. This leads to infection. This can also been seen while shaving. While shaving some hairs may go inside the skin if you do not shave carefully. It is recommended that you use a trimmer, rather than frequent shaving.
- Exfoliating: Exfoliating will keep your skin clean by preventing the growth of dead cells. After exfoliating, use a moisturizer to keep your skin soft. You can use moisturizers like cocoa butter or other moisturizing creams.
- Apply pimple medication: Ingrown hairs and pimple treatment usually take the same form. You can use salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide from time to time to get rid of ingrown hairs.
- Use bread and warm milk: Apply lukewarm milk and dip a piece of bread on the milk. The bread could then be applied to the ingrown hair area. After opening up the hair pore, a needle must be used to pull up the ingrown hair.
- Using egg shell membrane: Collect membrane from egg shell and apply it on the ingrown hair area. Pull it off when the area becomes dry.
Many people around the world are suffering from the problem of ingrown hairs. The steps described above would make sure that you are taking the right steps for getting rid of ingrown hairs. The basic working principle involves changing the shaving habits and keeping your skin clean.