Freckles are brown spots occurring at different areas of your skin as you can see from the picture. They are not dangerous for your skin but can make you look very ugly. It is a naturally occurring event and can sometimes happen from excessive exposure to sunlight.
It is essential to get rid of freckles before things go out of hand. You can go for cosmetic treatments to get rid of freckles. However, those treatments are fairly expensive.
Therefore, most people usually prefer taking actions at their home by using natural methods. The natural methods of prevention are given below:
- Protect your skin from excessive exposure to sun rays: For some people, freckles are there from a very young age. However, there are people who have developed freckles in them due to excessive exposure to sun rays. It is recommended that they take adequate protection against the harmful sunrays before going out. Use of a sunscreen is recommended.
- Use lemon: Lemon is a very effective agent to remove freckles. You need fresh lemon juice for it. The lemon juice can be massaged gently in the affected areas of your skin. You must keep it for 10-15 minutes and then wash it away with lukewarm water. Repeat this process twice a day. Another method involves cutting a piece of lemon into two and then scrubbing it on your face.
- Use sour cream/Dairy mask. Sour cream is rich with lactic acid and so it can be used as an effective agent for the treatment of freckles. Use it on the affected area and leave it to dry. After drying, rinse it with fresh water and then wipe it off gently using a clean towel or tissue.
- Consume foods rich in vitamin C: Vitamin C is very helpful for ensuring a healthy skin. Consumption of foods and fruits rich in Vitamin C can help you in reaching your objective.
- Apply Fruit mix: Mix different fruits together and crush them. Then apply it on affected areas. After 20 minutes rinse it with cool water. This mixture will reduce your freckles. Cucumber, strawberry, kiwi or apricots are used for this method.
- Apply Papaya Juice: Papaya juice could be directly applied on affected areas by using a cotton ball. The application could take place for 10 minutes and then rinsed with cold water. Papaya contains in it an enzyme which is effective to lighten the freckles.
- Use onion: Onion contains sulfur which is one of the best known agents for removing freckles. You can use red onion for best result. You can also try crushing the onion to extract the liquid form and apply it on skin.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk ensures that your skin remains smooth and shiny. It also helps to reduce freckles. Apply it on the affected areas and keep them for 10 minutes. After that wash it with lukewarm water. You can also combine buttermilk with lemon juice and apply on affected areas.
- Use cream. You can use freckles removing cream by buying it from a store convenient to you. These creams will help you to counteract the visibility and effect of freckles.
You must follow only one of the methods mentioned above and repeat it until there is improvement. If the situation gets out of control, it is recommended that you visit a good skin specialist.